Thursday, January 15, 2009

Keeping Busy Rain or Shine

So, the photography thing is really not as time consuming as I had hoped. It has taken me a while to figure out that I must keep my self at a certain level of busy in order to feel good. After staying so focused and motivated during my classes for so long, there seems to be a very empty lull in my day.

So this morning I called Barbers Point Elementary School and went to sign up for volunteering in a classroom. When I got there the people were very nice and one of the ladies was even an officer wife. I didn't tell her that my husband was an officer at first because I always get that look; like "you're one of THOSE"! I hate it. So I was really glad that she said it first. And even better- he's not even in the submarine force!

So, I was assigned to a Kindergarten teacher that is super nice- I can't remember her name. For now I don't have much to do, but I've been told that will change! I'm really looking forward to it. I feel so much better about keeping busy. I start in the morning!

After I left, I went to the base to get another TB test for the school. I just had one last month, but forgot to get it read! So I go back on Friday to get this one read.

I have been reading some books about digital photography which I find a little boring. It all seems so technical! I just want someone to show me and be done with it! But, my first project is "COLOR". I've been looking for a shot of ANY color and around here (the desert) there isn't much color! I think I will have to make a shot instead of finding one outside. I am really more interested in nature shots though.

Daniel is in port and I'm a little upset about it. It gets on my nerves because I feel like I have a million things to tell him and then he can't talk and has to go. He called tonight and talked to the kids for a while and then me- but soon after had to go to a farewell. I understand, I'm just so ready for it to be over!




The island is expecting some crazy rain again so I bought batteries and flashlights and made sure I have candles and a lighter so I am prepared for the electric to go out. The electric in Hawaii doesn't seem to be very stable. I hear the rain now... we'll see how it goes. I have to check the news in the morning to see if the kids will have school or not. Flooding is supposed to be pretty bad on this side of the island. The surf could also cause flooding.

No comments: