Monday, January 12, 2009

Photography

Today I was really bored and so I decided to think really hard about what I want to do with the next 6 months of living in Hawaii. While I do have my issues with the island, I also have a great respect for how beautiful it is. Then it hit me! The whole time I was taking classes, I just wanted to drive all over the island and take beautiful pictures! You know, pictures I can frame. This is the reason I bought a new camera! My zoom is really awesome and the megapixels is 10. So I can blow up pictures to something like 24 by something... I can't remember.

I don't know much about photography so I went to the book store and got some books to teach me the basics. The book I got is a "hands-on" approach to learning how to take pictures. There are 65 assignments! We'll see how it goes. If any of you have any suggestions about anything photography or where to get some great shots of Hawaii to frame, let me know! My purpose for the next 6 months is to be able to frame at least 20 picures and build a great photo album of Hawaii. I think that's reasonable. I can also think of some "Hawaii" themed things... like the Hawaii flag, the flower, the state bird, etc. I also need to book a photographer to take a family portrait on the beach. Can't leave without that!

Wish me luck! And don't be too harsh when I post my pictures! :)
I'm off to read my book! hehe!

No comments: