Thursday, January 06, 2011

Day 3: The Daniel Fast


Scripture Reading:
Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory.
(Psalm 72:19)
Verses for additional study:
Genesis 25:29-34
Genesis 27:1-40
Genesis 32:22-28
Genesis 35:10
Psalm 113:2-3
Ephesians 2:8-9
Titus 3:5
Physically- Well, day 3 is ending and I think the headaches are gone as well. It's amazing to me how our bodies get so used to something. I never had coffee everyday, but I guess I was getting sources of caffeine that I didn't even realize through tea and soda. It makes me happy to know that I'm not putting that into my body- at least right now. Today was a hard day of the fast for me. I felt like I couldn't get away to be alone at all. One thing after another came up today. I had a conversation with a friend today about not getting too obsessed with the food part of it all and focusing on making this time be about God. I'm trying to plan my time better so that distractions aren't so frequent. I made whole grain pasta and sauce for dinner and had juice to drink. Great easy meal. :)
Spiritually- I just don't think today was a good day for the spiritual side of things. I don't like these kind of days- even when I'm not fasting. Distractions, distractions, distractions! I did listen to some great worship music on my way back and forth picking up Ally (my daughter). I didn't journal today or even read- except for the reading already up- Ps.72:19. Thank you, Kristen! It's a great one though! I'm not discouraged. Tomorrow will be better.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13).

No comments: