Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Cycles of Deployment?

Today has been pretty drab. I always complain about having so much to do, but now that I'm not in school, I am going crazy! Why did I take a break? Well, I wanted to enjoy my husbands homecoming, have a break because I didn't have ONE day off for 10 months, and I thought we were going to be moving out of this house in April. So, I need to find some projects to keep me busy. I invited Mary and Ashley and Laura over this Saturday to play Rock Band! I can't wait for that! I actually have plenty to do... I just remembered... I feel like this because I am so very anxious for homecoming! Now time will creep by. Today, I feel like homecoming will be bittersweet. I say, "Today", because I will feel differently tomorrow, I'm sure! I will have to give up my privacy, my bed, my room, my time, etc. While I do miss Daniel, I have had to make good out of deployment and now, I think I will miss those things. Is this covered in the cycles of deployment? hmmm...

In all of my "busyness" today I managed to watch Oprah by ACCIDENT! Yes, I'm an Oprah Hater! I haven't always been... it just happend when she decided to act like she knows everything when she actually lives in a bubble! I could go on.. but I won't. The point is, I saw her show today and she had on all of these spiritual advisors.. I thought Eckhart Tolle was the end... but NO! Here they were... on the big Oprah show telling all of their spiritual secrets... give me a break! This is obviously how cults are formed... you call "it" God, I call it something else... it's all the same, right? PO-LEASE!

As Oprah continues to try to find purpose and meaning in the world she created, I'll continue to NOT watch her stupid shows! I knew I had a good reason to not watch! When her spiritual experts decide to back their ideas with something that's more than a "feel good" or "Ah-Ha" moment, maybe I'll watch. Man cannot live on bread alone! Well, obviously some can.

So it is normal...

STAGE FIVE- ANTICIPATION OF RETURNING- About 4-6 weeks prior to spouse coming home, people begin to feel a sense of anticipation "He's coming home and I'm not ready!"

1) Compile a long list of things still left to do and begin to pick up the pace to get things done
2) Experience feelings of joy, excitement in anticipation of the spouse's return and being together again
3) Experience feelings of fear and apprehension. "Does he still love me?" "Will he have changed?" "Will he have like what I've done?"
4) Clean house of activities required to fill the void- now- to make room for the man again. Some resentment may be felt at having to give up some of the things and having to change again
5) Experience process of evaluating- "I want him back but what am I going to give up?"
6) Feel tense, nervous and apprehensive- burying fears/concerns in busy work and activities
7) Experience a sense of restlessness again but it is generally productive. Some spouses may feel confused due to the conflicting emotions they are having
8) Put off important decisions until the husband's home gain
9) Experience changes in eating and sleeping patterns developed while the spouse was gone
10) Children also go through a range of emotions and react to the temperament of the parent

Well that's nice to know... But there is a stage 6! I'll let you know.

Kelly

1 comment:

Cara said...

I love that you're using the cycles of deployment! If you need any kid-deployment information let me know because I had to help develop a workshop for that exact reason at Schofield :)