A basic list of things you'll need:
- GPS Receiver
- Batteries- for your GPS, your flashlight, and camera
- Maps with waterproof mapcase and marking pens
- Compass with dial-in declination adjustment
- Notepad and pen in watertight bag
- Map accessories. A clear, watertight plastic cover with a grease pencil to write on the cover. Map rulers are helpful for transferring coodinates between a GPS receiver and a topographic map.
- Cache Repair Kit. Extra pens, logbooks, ziplock bags, duct tape - these things are good for repairing caches with leaks, to protect the contents, and replace missing items
I think I know what I will be carrying and what Daniel will be carrying! He's a Navigator- he can carry the maps and rulers and ... stuff like that! I'll carry the camera and water:)
If you want to go on a more difficult cache, out further into the woods and terrain, it's always good to have these things:
- Map and compass
- First-aid Kit
- Extra Clothing
- Matches/fire starter
- Signal Mirror
I cannot wait to do this! I was thinking about going to get everything we need, but it will be more fun to all go together and construct our own personal bags! Not to mention, Daniel will have fun buying a GPS!
I was just wondering about a bathroom... I guess it's a good idea to take some toilet paper? Okay add that to the list!Soft, strong, and absorbent.
Single ply 4 3/8 in. x 4 1/2 in.(11.1 cm x 11.4 cm).
140 sheets per roll.
5 rolls per package.
Weight 1.5 oz.