Thursday, June 11, 2009

Orders and Mortgages and Landlords, Oh my!


I finally got all of Mason's EFM paperwork finished and now we are just waiting for orders! I have been checking Bupers like every 30 minutes! I can't help myself! The bank just called about our loan and (of course) won't talk to me. She has to talk to Daniel! He's at work and I can't get in touch with him. I can't wait to hear the verdict! Well, maybe I don't really care about that part... I just want to go look at cute houses!


About a 3-4 months ago, I gave the landlord a call to tell them we would be leaving the house here on July1. The date seemed about right and I knew since I was on a month-to-month lease, I could ask for more time if needed. I also called again last month to remind her that July 1 would be our last day. This time, I think she was avoiding me- I left a message. So just a few days ago, Daniel called and a woman said he had the wrong number. He made sure the number was correct and then called back and the husband answered this time saying yes, it was him. The landlord proceeds to tell Daniel he didn't know July 1 was our last day and they didn't really know what they were going to do. This doesn't sound good! So we're writing up a letter to send (certified) that we will be vacating July 1, 2009! We've been a little worried this whole time that they wouldn't have our deposit money to give back to us. We'll see... I know Navy Legal is well used in this department. I hope we don't have to go that route. It also sucks that we won't have that money during our move. I'm glad we didn't count on it. Our deposit was $3000! I'm praying that it all works out for the best!


Off to check for orders and call Daniel about calling the bank... YAY! This is finally happening!

No comments: