Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ghosts took our Cache!

I downloaded a geocaching app on my iPhone while I was in Oklahoma. It was $10 and I must say, it was awesome! It shows you caches close by, navigates to them, and you can track your account, but I haven't done that yet.

Patty and my nephews wanted to do it, so we found one that was about 8 miles away! It's so amazing to me that everywhere we go, we can find one! So we're driving to it and I turned off the interstate onto a dead end road. I was about to turn around, but you could tell that people were in the spot regularly because of the worn area and gravel. There were lots of beer cans and paper trash.... I guess a good party spot. As I turned in, I realized that there was a cemetary there. It was a small area where a fence enclosed about 30 graves. Some were so old they didn't have engraved stones, just large rocks.

I was a little freaked out and thought that nobody would really make a cache at a graveyard! I thought it might be a little disrepectful. But we did go in and look around. We had a flashlight and we searched for a good 2 minutes! JK. I was ready to get out of there, but we looked for about 20-30 minutes and could not find it. Others had reported not finding it either. Maybe a ghost got it!

My sister-in-law, Patty, loved that it was at a cemetary! She's really into spooking herself! I personally don't think there is any reason to scare yourself ON PURPOSE! LOL. We had a good time though. Hopefully they will keep doing it. I did convince them to get iPhones too, so they can get the geocaching app and keep it up!

No comments: