Thursday, July 02, 2009

House Hunting in Chesapeake

My first day of house hunting was awesome! My agent and I looked at about 15 houses, I think. Some were great some were not so great! Then we looked at new construction and I became convinced that we should take this route! For the money, it's so worth it! We looked at two houses that were beautiful. One was in a community of only 10 houses. The house was beautiful, but I had rather live in a larger community with more neighbors. This house was also in just the beginning stages of the neighborhood. . The next one was in an already established community with lots of military families. This community has about 40 houses and we would be one of the last people in the neighborhood, so we already have an idea of who our neighbors will be and what the value of the neighborhood is looking like. The house isn't finished so we would get to pick a few things. It is 5 bedrooms, 2.5 baths with a 6th room (sunroom) and also an additional bonus room at 2749 sq ft. This is my first pick of the day!


This is the kitchen facing an eat in area.

This is the cute little sunroom!

This is the soon to be driveway. You can see some of the other houses in the neighborhood as well.

This is the outside with driveway on the left side.

So, this was the first day. I'm not sure what we'll decide to do. The lots are pretty big so the yard would be a nice size. We've talked about it and if the builder doesn't accept our offer, we could build one, which will take 4 months. Then we would have to find a rental until the house was ready. In the whole big scheme of things, 4 months is not long and for the community and schools, it would be worth it. We'll see how it goes! I haven't "fallen in love" with this house, but I have fallen in love with the neighborhood I think. I'm just not getting my hopes up for anything right now... So the roller coaster ride begins!

3 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Hold on tight and good luck! Welcome to Virginia neighbor!

Ashley Hlavaty said...

I'm so excited for you! The houses there look AWESOME!

aurbie said...

You are almost our neighbors. Give a yell when you get to Crisfield!